Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthdays and more Birthdays!


Sunday afternoons--peaceful, serene, early fall. Good days to make the cards I need for some upcoming birthdays! I have several in the next 2 weeks, and no 'ladies' cards in my stash! What's up with that? So that was today's project:
I got this little stamp set--Happy Moments (Stampin' Up!) a few weeks ago, and decided it would be perfect for these cards. I stamped the packages, and cut them out with my rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) die, then airbrushed the background with my Copic markers and Air Brush System. LOVE this effect when you leave the image in the die and get the white border! This is probably the first time I have ever done a card with this few colors!
The white panel is punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, and the purple ribbon was from Michaels. They had a great sale on ribbon when I was there yesterday--and if I had known it was double-faced satin ribbon, I think I would have gotten 2 rolls of every color!
I added Stardust Stickles to the ribbon tie on the package, and a dot between each 'for you' on the punched border.
(OOPS! Got one of my markers upside down!!!!!)
I hope you enjoyed your Sunday as much as I enjoyed mine! Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: