Friday, October 1, 2010

Christmas Bells

Whether they are pealing out glad tidings, or jingling on the harness of a horse pulling a sleigh--the sound of bells makes us think of family, home, and being surrounded by love. That's the feeling I got when I saw this beautiful Hero Arts stamp, "Wreath with Bells". And what fun to color! It looks like it should take forever, but it really doesn't!
I decided on a gate-fold card for this, and a very simple setting since the image itself is busy. The paper is from a pack I purchased from CTMH, and the gold lines are sticker lines (Anita's Art Stamps). I cut the image out with my largest circle nestabilities die (Spellbinders), and left it in the die long enough to airbrush around the outside with E42. The I edged the circle a Krylon gold leafing pen.
I'm not sure where I got the sentiment for the inside. I have a 20-year collection of stamps, most of which are now unmounted from their original wooden handles.
The Copic colors I used are shown below.
I hope you enjoy this little card!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: