Saturday, October 2, 2010

Did you CELEBRATE today?

Did you? Did you get out your cardmaking supplies and celebrate World Card-Making Day? All around the world, cardmakers and crafters gathered together, or worked on their own, and made a card today that will brighten someone's day when they receive it!
Some of my favorite cards are not ones that look like they should be showcased in a magazine, or like they took years of artistic practice to make. No--my very favorites are ones that friends have made for ME. They took the time to cut, color, glue, whatever--and MADE me a card because they know that I will cherish it, and that I will truly value in the effort they put into it.
Is there someone waiting for you to make a card for them?


I'm definitely on a Christmas card roll, and I'm loving this paper pack from CTMH! From what I've heard, it's not available any longer, but the colors are just right for the Christmas mood I'm in this year.
This little snowman is one from a Penny Black clear stamp set--"Jolly Friends". Isn't he cute? I hadn't done a shaker card in a while, and I had to remember all the things I had used! But my Nestabilities (Spellbinders) came in very handy for cutting my frame and my label.

Both the label and the inside sentiment are computer generated (font--Androgyne), then air-brushed with E41 for just a bit of edging and definition. I once read that you should always "define the edges" of layers, and I think that really holds true.
The Copic colors I used are shown below, along with the Sakura Stardust gel pen for some hand-doodled snowflakes behind the snowman. My brads were from a pack in the Christmas section at Hobby Lobby (LOVE that store!).
So I hope I've inspired you to get some paper out and make a card tonight--it's not too late for the 'official' World Card-Making Day! But any day you can make a card to brighten someone's life is a day to celebrate!

No comments: